Hvorfor Delhi Food Tours?
Delhi is India’s Taj Mahal when it comes to food! Being the political and cultural capital, Delhi has access to food from across India. In a span of 3 timer, you have the option of enjoying food from Chennai, Hyderabad, Lucknow, Gujarat, Goa, Punjab and of course Delhi itself! In addition, you will also get a crash course into teas from across India as part of DFT’s signature tea tasting!
It’s simple, safe, personalized and satisfying! To spare you the trouble of a lengthy and boring explanation of why we are worth your time and money, simply read the 10 point summary below!
1. Credibility: We were awarded the Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence for 2012, making us India’s only award winning food tour! In addition, D.F.T. has executed a contract with The Le Meridien Hotel, New Delhi for Hotel Sponsored Sunday tours. D.F.T. has also received the patronage of The Taj Mahal Hotel, Mansingh Road New Delhi and The Imperial Hotel, New Delhi. We are also the Food Tour of Choice for the American Embassy and the Australian High Commission. We’ve also recently been appointed the Official Event Planners for the Australian High Commission’s Social Club!
2. Customization: D.F.T. customizes food tours based on the spice tolerance, allergies, level of adventurism and prior experience with Indian food.
3. Personalized Attention: DFT guarantees a minimum of one guide per 4 guests to ensure personalized attention to its guests. This enables us to focus on our promise of customization.
4. Safe and Comfortable Transport: DFT provides clean, safe and comfortable transport throughout the tour.
5. Flexibility: DFT runs tours for both lunch and dinner, 7 days a week. Barring personal emergencies, tours are available throughout the year.
6. Professional Guides: All tours are conducted by Prashant and Ayesha personally. DFT does not have any external staff/guides. Prashant and Ayesha are both well travelled professionals who have resigned from lucrative jobs to share their passion for Delhi and its food with their guests. The tour does not include any ‘shopping’ and DFT does not receive a commission from any restaurant.
7. Safety and Hygiene: We’ve handled over 500 guests from 35 Countries in our first year without a single case of Delhi Belly. Don’t believe us? Read our Tripadvisor reviews!
8. Value for Money: At Rs. 4,000 per person, in addition to guidance and personalized attention, we provide air conditioned transport, unlimited food, soft drinks, bottled water, hand sanitizer and wet wipes. The guest does not need to pay for anything other than the tour itself. When compared with other tours in Delhi, this is an absolute steal.
9. International Network: D.F.T. is a part of an international network of food tour operators including operators from France, Italy, New Zealand and Malaysia.
10. Rating on Tripadvisor: As on 17th March 2013, we have 111 reviews of which 105 were 5 star reviews, making us one of the most consistent performers on Tripadvisor.