Food Tour Packages and Details
Delhi is not just India’s political capital. It is also the culinary and cultural center of India. As a result, you get access to amazing food from across India within South and Central New Delhi. On our tours, you can expect to taste food from Chennai, Goa, Lucknow, Gujarat, Punjab and of course, Delhi itself.
If you’ve ever wondered about the differences between North and South Indian cuisine, or if you thought that Indian food is limited to curry, we’ve got some wowzers for you . A typical tour covers up to 6 different restaurants with a signature tea tasting of teas from across India. The whole point is to get a better understanding of the food and culture of mainstream Delhi with well traveled locals.
Unlike any other experience of its kind, we pick you up from your hotel (subject to location), we take you out, we pay for all the food, we explain each dish, its origins and how to eat it and we drop you back once you’re done. It’s completely hassle free! All you need to do is bring your appetite and your camera (that doesn’t mean paying us is optional )!
We maintain obsessively high standards of hygiene. We serve only bottled water on our tours and all guides carry hand sanitizers and wet wipes. In addition, in order to preserve our high standards, we don’t operate in the Old Delhi area.
How much you can eat is entirely upto you. We recommend eating a little bit at each place to save space so that you can experience as many places as possible.
Our tours take approximately 3-4 hours.
Lunch Tour: Subject to your location, we will pick you up at 12 Noon.
Dinner Tour: Subject to your location, we will pick you up at 6 PM.
Pick up/drop from within South and Central Delhi (except Karol Bagh): This tour costs Rs. 4000 per person which is approximately US$ 80. This includes transport, food and non-alcoholic drinks.
We can arrange transport for you if you are staying in Gurgaon or Noida at your request for an additional Rs. 1500. This price will remain the same for up to 4 people.
For what to expect, please see our picture gallery or visit us on facebook at www.facebook.com/delhifoodtours
Guidelines for the tours:
- All prices include transport. If you are staying within South or Central Delhi (except Karol Bagh), the car/van will pick you up from your hotel, be with you for the entire duration of your tour and then drop you back to your hotel: If you are staying elsewhere, we will pick you up from and drop you to a mutually agreed pick up point.
- All tours will be conducted by Prashant and/or Ayesha.
- Skipping the preceding meal is highly advisable.
- Dress code applicable for all tours: Ladies are requested to dress conservatively. Shorts, short skirts and spaghetti straps are to be avoided. Elastic is highly recommended across all packages
- There are no limits on the number of people we can cater to on a given package. However all packages can be arranged on an exclusive and private basis at an extra cost, if there are no previous bookings for that date.
- We encourage you to help us serve you better. Please do let us know if you have any preferences/allergies/dislikes well in advance so that we can mould the tour around you. We try to customize and tailor the packages to our clients’ tastes, so please do speak to us and tell us what you expect or prefer.
DISCLAIMER: The owners of www.delhifoodtours.com do not accept any responsibility or liability for any adverse medical condition whatsoever arising out of the items consumed on tours. Any and all consumption of items is entirely at the risk of the person consuming them. Medical insurance is advisable while travelling. Sensitivities or allergies to any kind of food are to be advised in advance. By making a booking with us, you confirm that you have read the disclaimer and have accepted the terms thereof.